Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Trip to PA....

Our trip to PA for the family reunion on my families side went well...even though we blew the engine in our car 3 hrs into the trip! :( Our pastor and his family were about 2 hrs behind us (headed to Ohio) so they graciously picked us up and took us to a motel. Since the next day was Memorial Day the mechanic couldn't look at it. (it had just overheated so we thought that it was something that would be simple to fix) On Tuesday the mechanic called and said that the timing chain had slipped so we could either have the whole engine rebuilt or get a new one :-/. Sunday Pastor had preached on being joyful no matter what happened. So, I guess the Lord was testing us to see how we would respond! Anyway, Dad and Mom left on Tuesday for PA instead of Wed. so they picked us up and we went with them. My cousin, Susanna, graciously offered us the use of her car so that we could still go see Molly (my sister-in-law). On the way back we rented a car transport and my families good old van pulled our car to my Dad's. Hopefully it will be fixed on Thursday. :D

At the park near Molly and Jeremy's

Mother and son


Derek...isn't he cute?

Uncle and Nephew

Guess Who?


Still a kid at heart! :D (I think he was a little big for it!)




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Family Reunion

Colby and Jo arm wrestling....

Colby and Caleb, look at their knuckles!

Colby won though Caleb was sore 'cause this was the day of his accident and his elbow was skinned up terribly... So, if he was up to par he might have won...

On the way home. Everyone looks so excited!

Someone is trying to hide from the camera.... :D

7 comments:

BSBT said...

YAHOOOOOO!!!!! A POST!!!!

Looks like y'all had fun, the park sure looked fun. ;)

Go Colby!! (I'm gonna be in trouble for saying that). :D

OK, I'm glad y'all had fun, but I'm even more so glad that YOU ARE HOME!!! :D

Molly said...

YAY!
Pictures! :D
Love the one with Marty and Derek on the tires!

jimmy said...

wow... i thought for awhile this blog was history...
is it just me, or does marty look a LOT like Mike in the pic where he's in the chair with derek?

For the record, Colby won fair and square, cuz i wasn't sore in that shoulder, and although my elbow was skinned up, that had nothing to do with the outcome of the match...

Michelle said...

love the pics... and marty DOES NOT look like mike. He looks like grandpa - before he was 30.

Hannah said...

Cool pics.I'm glad too that ya'll are home!The orchestra was kinda lonely without ya!!But Praise the Lord ya'll are home sound and safe.If i sound silly Please tell me :P.And yes Derek is cute.

Amber said...

OK Michelle, I don't think Caleb has ever seen a pic of Grandpa so he wouldn't know.

Good post Rachel! Looks like you had a really fun time with my sister and Nephew and your family too.

Anna Joy said...

Looks like fun!! :)